Friday, January 13, 2012

Trust and Surrender...

Tonight was the first CG of the year, and I know we are off to a good start. It was moving, open and honest... and frankly, emotional for me, as I felt the intertwining of experiences, the foundation of trust opening hearts to share and learn.                                            

Also, what made it special was we had 2 guests who joined us. Lisa, coincidentally was the niece of the couple whose story Pst Tony had shared during service. God makes provisions for those who are broken and seeking, and hers is a story of hope in a path fraught with uncertainties, unsure about her job, the state of her marriage, or even, her residential address in a few months' time. Heleona, though meeting most of us for the first time, had the courage to pour out the story of her deceased mother, how she battled cancer, how she was initially an unbeliever, then turned to God as her last days drew near.

I was moved by the life stories of two very disparate yet similar individuals, and feel grateful for the privilege to have been blessed by their sharing. The session was especially meaningful as we took turns to talk about what the year ahead holds for us. For me, there were many things upon my heart, but the two things that I shared were the prayer and hope that my father will come to know God... and the second, my excitement at taking up courses at Singapore Bible College...

I trust in God for the right timing, and Father, I pray in the mighty name of Jesus, that you will have your protection over all my brothers and sisters, especially Brother Eric as his mother is going through a particularly challenging time right now. Amen.

No comments: